Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Social networking fatigue?

Tomorrow we are going to discuss if there is a problem in our time of constantly being online and communicating with people. Maybe much of our communication is just our need of confirmation that we exist. And maybe we need to hear all the time that I am good enough, that some knows I am alive, that some one cares? Maybe we are getting to the point of just stressing ourselves out? A new word I have picked up is social networking fatigue. It means becoming tired of too many social networks.
Maybe one of our biggest problems is that we don´t know who we are?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have like 100+ facebook group requests. yeah - fatigued!!!

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this post! I think people are so worried about looking popular and active online that they "do" get stressed out - even if they're just on one network!

Also, it seems a bit unnatural to me... certain folks from my past that I really didn't care to ever see or talk to again, have found me on-line. Social networking makes it harder to move on... your past keeps following you! In some ways though, this has been fun.

These sites are also so revealing, and some, like Facebook, can be really invasive if you allow them to be. So many people make their lives an open book... and yes, those people are bound to feel stress from that!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home